Sunday, May 19, 2013

Hippy Bread

My sisters have been after me for some time to change my diet further than I have already done. bad enough that I have given up cookies, cakes, eggs, meat, gefilte fish, egg challah, liver, etc etc, now they want to take away sugar and bread as well.

So I have been resisting, while tweaking the diet (using whole wheat, splenda, and natural sugars and olive oil spray) but that doesn't seem to be enough to satisfy these food vigilantes. So today I broke down completely in Trader Joe's.



Yes, I have succumbed to purchase what is known in my family ( or referring to the Detroit branch of vigilantes) as "Hippy Bread."

Not only does it make me feel like I am in the 60's, with sprouted bread ( I can't even believe I just WROTE that), but the  Ezekiel 4:9?, on the packaging?, as the name of the bread?????? This is beyond  belief.


I give up.

Doesn't taste bad, though......

2 comments:

FBB said...

We are not on you to change your diet FURTHER than you already have, just DIFFERENTLY than you already have. But you know this.

Dipsy said...

i am happy to know my hippyness is rubbing off on everyone.
enjoy your sprouts