Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So long, Mr. Bush, and G-dspeed

heard the final press conference of President Bush a few days ago. Now as some of you may know, I have always been a big fan of the President and have agreed with most of his policies and positions. During the press conference, I was struck by his wit, warmth, courtesy for the press corps, grasp of the issues, and genuine concern for the success of Mr. Obama. Of course, some of his mangling of the language was to be expected, ("misunderestimated me" comes to mind), but overall he was well spoken, thoughtful and introspective. Even when he declined to answer a question about pardons, he told the person asking the question that he wasn't going to discuss pardons, but asked her if she had a different question she would like to ask.

Additionally, what I have most gotten from all reports and anecdotal information about the man ( and his first lady) are their "down homeness", openness, genuineness when dealing face to face, and his desire that those around him feel comfortable.

Furthermore, on the issue of Israel, I don't think we will see another president in this generation who was so absolutely behind the Jewish State, and allowed them to do what they had to do without interference.

So I would like to take this opportunity now that the time to serve the American People has come to an end for this fine upstanding man to publicly express my thanks to him for all he has done good for this Country and the world. Good luck to you and G-d bless you and America.

I feel we are gonna need that more than ever now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear Hear!

Anonymous said...

I could have written this post it is so exactly how I think. This is man with values and convictions and most of all the courage to stand behind what he believes in. I will miss him. May Hashem continue to look down with favor on the USA