Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Speed Demon, or Demonic Speeder?

My GPS has an interesting feature with what amounts to a stat page. It has total miles, moving time, stopped time, average speed, and the like. The two features I like the best are the miles per hour,(more on that later) and the maximum speed.

I like it because I can make fun of Lovey, accusing her of hitting said top speed (whether true or not) and to have an idea as to how fast we have gone. However, on our trip to Canada, I looked at the machine when someone else was driving, (to see how fast they were going) and I happened to glance at the top speed, which had been at 86 for a long time, and almost fell out of my seat. The reading was 110 MPH!!!

Well.

I know that I certainly haven't hit that speed, and I know Lovey can lead-foot it at times, but usually not that much. So the question becomes "who took one of my cars up to a speed like that??"

I'm pretty sure I haven't lent out the unit in quite some time, so that leads to two other suspects, the only other drivers in the house.

One, who was with us on the trip vehemently denied attaining such a speed. The other, coming in from abroad, also denied it, but that was over the phone, so I couldn't see his eyes or facial demeanor to determine the veracity of his statement. Upon his arrival, I did raise the issue, and he was able to look me in the eye while denying attaining such a speed.

The only other thing I can think of is having had the unit on while taking off on a flight, and not shutting it until just before lift off.

However, I still suspect a more earth boand explanation. I shall continue to investigate the matter. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

FBB said...

When did you fly anywhere?

Maybe it was YOU on a "call"