Friday, April 19, 2013

Possibly Pink

So I've been griped at for not writing for a while. All justly deserved. I appreciate that you all are still checking, though.

I will recount a story for your reading pleasure.

I was having a discussion with  Boo about how you say different colors in Hebrew. She said that pink had a particular definition, and I was unsure, so we decided to ask Bug, who had spent over a year in Israel as a student, and had many opportunities to speak Hebrew ( but, I believe, he eschewed most of them).

So we asked this veteran of the Israeli streets, who managed to navigate through the stores and restaurants of a foreign country, how one says pink in Hebrew.

He sat in thought and deep contemplation for a moment, looked at Boo and said, with great authority.


How should I know? I never ordered a pink felafel!


No comments: