Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Its Hard to Soar Like an Eagle......

I had the misfortune of actually mentioning to the pest who was on the highway with me that I posted about him. He has taken the term pest to a completely new level. Let me tell you about this person. He works in my office, and thinks he is the boss. This means that he really doesn't listen to anyone, and wants everyone to listen to him, including the scintillating story of how he burnt his feet. ( I have been trying to avoid the details of this riveting story, but I think that he will corner me and tell me anyhow.)

Anyhow he has become completely hung up about this, and the idea that anyone would blog in the first place. He keeps coming in to my office to give he his cumulative knowledge about the world in general (all 22 years of his experiences) and his opinion on blogging specifically. I think it is probably jealousy since English and writing is occasionally a second language to him.

Now you can imagine what it is like to deal with someone like this on an every day basis. Root canal looks more and more appealing each day (" I have to go out for a few hours and have my head drilled, to take away the hammering in my brain from you"). Unfortunately, most people have similar issues in the work place. Sometimes it can be an annoying co-worker, in worst case scenarios it can be a supervisor or even the head person in the office. There really is not much that can be done about it except grin and bear it.

And blog about them.

4 comments:

fil said...

sounds like he's at least related to the boss

jill said...

clearly the boss's son or relative. who would hire such a moron?

of course we only know our own relative's version of it...

I can imagine the conversation when this guy gets home

fil said...

Here is an incident that ocurred to us many years ago. My wife is an independent person and she drives as much as I do. One evening, in the city, she happened to be driving and the next day, an acquaintance accosted me in the street and said " I saw something very strange last night." When I inquired as to the nature of this unusual ocurrence he told me he had seen my wife driving with me in the passenger seat.

As of a few years ago, when i ran into him again, this smug, self-satisfied, prig was still lauding himself on his sterling manners and opinions.

Some things never change.

G6 said...

"And blog about them."

Unless they read your blog..... :D