Friday, September 4, 2009

End of Summer ll (click here)

I was off today so, needing to do some banking business, I went to a local branch, not my usual one. Upon entering the premises, I immediately realized that this place was understaffed. It is a highway branch and was currently manned by two tellers who had to take care of a line of 4 people and about 6 cars. I waited patiently (the cars waited even more patiently - I didn't hear any horns blowing) and while waiting, a young lady got on line behind me. She was about the age of my middle child and we got to chatting about how the bank branch we were in was going to handle the extra traffic from the other local branch which B of A decided to close.

When I exited the building, I noticed a baby blue convertible BMW z4 with the top down, bathed in brilliant sunlight, parked next to my car. I examined the roadster, noticing the fine leatherwork and the manual shift. As I was doing so, the woman who had been in line behind me, came out of the bank and said to me, "My birthday present! But it's probably the last one I'll get for the next fifty years." She got in her car and drove off, as I wistfully watched her drive away with the last days of summer.

1 comment:

Dr. G. W. Greunkern said...

If you close your eyes, ears, and ignore most of your other senses, a jeep wrangler is the same car. I can give you a ride if you would like.