Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Keep it in the Vault

I think I need better speakers at work.

I was listening to a Beatles anthology CD at my desk which is admittedly made up of outtake type tracks, as well as demos and stuff, so the quality is really pretty bad. But what really struck me is the comments I got from people passing by my office.

Now I don't think I play it that loudly, but I seem to need to keep volumes rather high lately (Lovey will confirm this, to her great consternation). At work it is coupled by rather lousy speaker set.

So the first guy comes in to my office and tells me that the music sounds like a little rascals episode. Then within the next three minutes someone goes past my office and asks me why I am listening to Arabic music. Then my secretary IM's me from outside asking me if someone is dying.

I think there is a good reason why these outtakes were outtakes and rejected from the albums.

2 comments:

big sis said...

but not one person recognized the beatles music?? terrible

related said...

at least they did not think you had a belly ache. next time take different takes this time it sounds as though youy were taken! related