Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fluffy

A month in theory, days in fact.

This is the story of Fluffy.

Boo went to camp for the month of July. As soon as she left, I started to write her e-mails ( which the camp prints and gives to the girls at lunch, much easier than actual letters) recounting the exploits of Fluffy, our pet. However, I never actually told her what Fluffy was.

This went on for the first two weeks she was gone, and on visiting day, she asked me about Fluffy, but i was evasive.

Now Fluffy was still in the imagination stage at this point, so I figured I would just have to kill off Fluffy before she got home. As an avid reader of books that routinely kill off pets and people "Daddy, you should read this book, its very sad" I figured it would not be such a big deal.

However, as I am a softy, and only read books with happy endings, and don't like to kill off animals unless they tear up my back yard, I didn't like this solution, so I was in a bit of a dilemma.

Ace saved the day when she suggested that we get a goldfish. I thought this was brilliant, as Feeders are usually pretty cheap, easy to care for, don't last all that long, and are the last thing that would be named Fluffy. So off the the pet store she went to get Fluffy.

Boo comes home and forgets to ask for Fluffy. I met her and Lovey in the City and asked her if she met Fluffy, to which Lovey replied that she locked (hid?) Fluffy in the bathroom until I came home.

So now we were home and time for the big reveal, I went in to the bathroom and came out proudly bearing Fluffy. The reaction?


" Fluffy is a FISH?!?!?!"

4 comments:

FBB said...

HA! I think it's great that you followed it all the way through! The question is, does a fish match up with the original emails about the pet, before you knew what "fluffy" was?

Dr. G. W. Greunkern said...

Probably not, which makes it all the funnier.

Stuart said...

May Fluffy have a long and unproductive life. Keep her away from the bird

Dipsy said...

that's great. How is fluffy doing now? our goldfish (that my daughter brought home from camp in a self decorated "tupperware" ) lasted a whole week and half!!!