Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Silliness Cookware

I relative of my wife's has a profile picture on facebook that showed a picture of the bottom of a frying pan that said " I kiss better than I cook".

Now this seems silly for a variety of reasons, which I am going to share with you, the lucky reader!

I realize that it is really a novelty piece, but it is still rather dumb. The people who hang all their pots are usually Town and Country types, with enormous kitchens ( that they don't cook in) who have all matching copper pots. They would not be white trailer park trash to hang something so tacky in their kitchen. So more likely it would be hung by someone from a push pin, next to the empty beer can from the final season at Shea stadium, and between the Keep on Truckin' hat and the Kiss the Cook apron. ( At least that's a theme!)

However, the other, practical reason for the pan is reflected in the comment I posted on the page, which was

"If its on the bottom of a frying pan, who would see it but the guy about to get bashed by it???? And at THAT point, neither kissing nor cooking is usually on the woman's mind."

Now if it said I cook and/or kiss better than I run, the guy would have a chance to get out of the way.

No comments: