Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Backspace Delete

You learn something new every day. I recently picked up an Apple laptop which does not have a backspace button. I mentioned this to a Mac user that I know, who told me that you just get used to it, I also noticed that my Blackberry didn't have a backspace, only a delete button, and I managed to get used to that, so I guess I would just have to get used to it on the laptop as well, even though it can be a bit cumbersome.


However, quite by accident, I discovered on my Blackberry, while editing some numbers and using the alt button and delete, it becomes a backspace.


Bolstered and encouraged by this new information, I figured there HAS to be a way to get to the backspace function on a really powerful, really new laptop. So instead of bothering to research the issue, or actually reading a manual, I happened to have been in the Apple store, so I decided to ask someone, assuming they would know. Sure enough, he told me the function key and delete makes it a backspace ( which is actually kind of intuitive).


So now I am happier in my knowledge than I had been in my ignorance.



3 comments:

FBB said...

I am boggled at the idea that you know a "Mac User" who never looked into a backspace button. You "Get used to it?"
C'mon, Steve Jobs just died, and if one listened to only THIRTY SECONDS of the coverage, and you have been using Apple products, is it really conceivable that there is no way to backspace? BACKSPACE?????

(I'm not too impressed that it took you this long to find a backspace on your blackberry either)

Dipsy said...

good for you. Glad you are enjoying your laptop!

helpful said...

FBB maybe some of us don't need to always backspace??

Dr. Gruenkern it seems the font on this last post is different. It is a bit harder to read though.