Thursday, October 30, 2008

Let's make the right decision, and a statement

As Election season comes to a close, I feel compelled to weigh in on the issues of the day. First of all, I must admit that I do not read most of the drivel out there, since I have made up my mind as to who to vote for, and I don't need any additional information.

That being said, I find that the insidious use of language and judicious use of sound bites that the media chooses to unleash on the public most disturbing. Living in the greater New York area, I am subject to the news stations that I believe are part of the Communist Broadcasting Service. The way that they will describe a McCain or Palin comment ( "McCain ranted about this", or "Palin whined about that" ) as opposed to an Obama comment ( "Senator Obama, being the true statesman and great American that he is, graciously stated") is disgraceful, and just goes to show that the news is not impartial, and is in fact, scripted and should be considered no different that reality TV.

Speaking of television, the news there is no better, airing sound bites that make every statement Obama makes, in the little snippets they play, sound like a great orator, while airing asides and jokes that McCain might make, and leaving out anything of substance from his speeches. This is the news BEING the story, not reporting it.

I think it is time for Americans to fight back ( cue the patriotic music here) and make a statement that we are smarter than the media give us credit for, and can be trusted to make a decision if we have all the facts. So I urge everyone out there to vote for the candidate with the experience to lead, John McCain.

No comments: