Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Joke is on Us

When I decided, during my college days, that I would like to be a lawyer, I naturally chose political science as my major because that was considered to be the accepted path of pre-law. At the time, you couldn't have found a more politically naive, unpolitically aware, young man in all of New York. I grew to like the subject immensely and although I never did become a lawyer, I have a lifelong, keen, interest in all phases of politics, from grassroots movements to international relations. Paradoxically, I intensely dislike the strategic maneuvering that is the politicians' chief emphasis and I am nauseated when forced to be in the company of professional politicians. It takes me a week to get the odor of their mendacity, their selfishness and their pure evil out of my system.

The structure, the nuts and bolts, of politics is what intrigues me. The why and the how. Maybe that's why I took so many history courses as part of my major. The nature of power, how one person or group achieves power over another person or group was a subject I was saving for a doctoral dissertation if it ever came to that (it never did).

While listening to NPR and reading Newsweek (dare I mention those names on this blog?) it occurred to me that all I have to do in today's environment to understand the nature of consolidation of power is to sit back and relax and experience it as it happens before my eyes.

Obama's appointees, people like Rahm Emanuel, Lisa Jackson, Carol Browner, whose zeal and religious fervor entails sacrificing our freedom and economy to the great god climate change, are beginning to drop into place; and you stand by helplessly as their grip on the levers of power squeezes the life out of our liberty and businesses. All the while the victim cannot even mount a feeble protest.

How have the american people, known for their sagacity and innovativeness, become such imbeciles, convinced into thinking that it is worth spending $4 billion of our money
for something like smart electric meters, a pie-in-the-sky pet project of Obama's, that will benefit no one but their manufacturer. It's like a scene from Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged." And it is happening before our complicit eyes.

The incompetence of this administration will make even Henny Penny cackle.

4 comments:

Dipsy said...

What I can't get over is...where is the outrage as our President destroys our long term economic outlook and also all of the past 20 some odd years of foreign relations diplomacy (where America was actually seen and feared as a Superpower)????? All the while we hear the administration sound bite repeated over and over on the radio news telling everyone how great he is going to make this country and how bad it is now.
Why are we all so silent? Well not on Dr. Gruenkern I have to say.

Dr. G. W. Greunkern said...

Now this radical calls investors speculators, an old liberal knee-jerk catchword for an investment gone bad.

He is becoming really really dangerous, and it is only 100 days.

G-d save us.

BTW, I had no idea you had thoughts of becoming a lawyer

Dagny Taggart said...

The concepts put out in Atlas Shrugged are everywhere. Creepy creepy creepy.

oneofthekids said...

I don't think we knew that you wanted to be a lawyer