Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Brooklyn Postscript

So I was shopping for the holidays, and wouldn't you know it, my travels brought me back to the same store as last time.

So I finish running around like a chicken without a head, and mosey on to the checkout line. I see a nice looking line, a couple with a big order checking out, and a gentleman behind them with not too many items in his wagon.

This time, I'm smarter. I ask him if he has any minions floating around the store still collecting items. He informs me that he is alone, and there will be no surprise wagons showing up. i get in line behind him and relate the story of my prior visit. We chuckle about it.

Meanwhile, the people in front of him bought half the store, and they are having it boxed. Based on the amount of time it is taking, they are either having it packed like fine china, or they are packing it for a trip to China. Either way, I stayed in a strategic position so that no one could escape from the chute at the counter, and I kept an eye on them as they worked, so there would be no sneaking off through the exit. But they behaved.

By now, I had exhausted my conversation with the guy in front of me, so I turned around and saw a gentleman there with a wagon of basically Matza, just alot of it. Figuring that the Pesach season could use some leavening, I looked at him with the straightest face I could muster and said ...

" I have eight more wagons coming."



Shopping for Passover ( this trip) $200.00

Parking at a meter $.25

The look on this guy's face. PRICELESS

and I paid with a Visa

2 comments:

Dr. Boo Boo Gone said...

that was funny enough to be me! Excellent.

fil said...

great post!