Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Uncle Him

Over the Holidays, I had the opportunity to spend it with lots of family. Especially of note is that it is one of the few times a year that I see my sibling from the middle of the country. She has a little girl who really does not see much of me, and seems to share the same sentiment that all my nieces do towards me, someone to be tolerated because we are related.

Well, I was sure that she did not have any idea who I was, since I rarely see her even when she is here ( she is either sleeping or busy doing toddler type things, that do not include me). Her mother vociferously disputed that, so we put her to the test. While she was visiting, we asked her whose house she was in. She answered Aunt Lovey's, which was correct. We then further inquired who else's house. She looked at me and said

"Uncle Him's"

Well, she WAS correct, but that is all I need, ANOTHER identity.

Upon further bothering, she did get it right, though, but I think the idea of Uncle Him has some merit. Maybe I will start a blog.....

1 comment:

Dipsy said...

Because said little girl does not read or type yet, I must say in her defense that she would be way more likely to know you name if you did not make her crazy every time you see her by giving her 7 or 8 names to choose from which really can be confusing. You can hardly keep track of all your alter egos!