Tuesday, November 17, 2009

THE LEAF

A leaf came to visit me the other day. It just popped onto my windshield at a light, waved to me, and then went on its way.

Now as the good Doctor starts its second year in blogdom, I shall mix it up a bit. Some of the blogs I read will have the random poem thrown in. I guess this is to show the literary dexterity of the authors. So I will do a little one here on my friend the leaf.

THE LEAF

A leaf came by to visit today
just to say hello, not to stay

Off the tree, across a field
to briefly rest on my windshield

he didn't stay long , just a moment
until another gust came, and away he went

but while he was there my day was a little brighter
and when he left, a little dimmer

its nice to have a quick dash of color in my day
pop in, cheer me up, then on your way

so good luck to you, my little leaf
having served your duty to your tree
you are now done, and completely free

5 comments:

daughtersintheparsha said...

how beautiful. I didn't know that you can write poems about things other than obscure pantless rebbis.

it was a very sweet poem!

but although he may have brightened your day, his life was at it's end

Stuart said...

Boring! If I wanted poetry I'll go to poetryblog.com.

Dr. G. W. Greunkern said...

DIP, thank you. But the leaf's life was not at an end, it would go become mulch in someones garden and aid in the growth of other life.

Stuart, a little culture won't kill you.

SLiM said...

I enjoyed that!
Dipsy

soupeater said...

i loved it. It reminds me of Dancing Bear.

Hope you write other poems in similar vein