Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rememeber to Dot your "i" s....

I needed to get a blood test recently, to check some of my levels. It took a bit of cajoling to get the prescription out of my doctor, who happens to be a friend of mine as well. he finally sent it and I was just waiting until after the holidays so my numbers would look better.

I needed to do it on a 12 hour fast, which is tough for me because I am rarely home the same time these labs are open, and I can't really do it early in the morning because I get home ( and eat) so late at night.

So I decided to take care of it on Friday, when I would try to get there on my way home. This by itself is tricky, as the day is short and the lab tends to be creepily slow.

So, I didn't eat any dinner Thursday night, went to Brooklyn for a meeting Friday morning, ( no coffee) worked and drove home ( still no coffee, when I do a fast, I really do a fast). Got home around 2:30 and went to the lab. When I got there, there was a line, and I had neither the time nor patience to wait, so I took the girls ( who were with me) to the library, and I figured I would try again on my way home.

Now the lab is on a main street, and it gets real busy Friday afternoons, but I felt I should really take care of it, so I went back to the lab, eve though I saw that the traffic between the lab and my way home was already backed up at 3:30.

I went inside. no line, just me. Great. I gave my prescription to the technician and had a seat stomach grumbling. I told it to wait another ten minutes.

About five minutes later she calls me over and tells me she can't do the test because the prescription isn't signed.

I love my doctor, but he is killing me.

3 comments:

G6 said...

Think of it as an "insta-diet" :P

FBB said...

You get what you pay for.....

Find a doctor that you actual exchange some cash with...

Dipsy said...

I hope you had ice cream or donuts on the way home!