Friday, April 30, 2010

Take That, Honorable (?!) Sir!

In read a blurb about the recent congressional hearings on Capitol Hill with Goldman Sachs that said the lawyer advising the people testifying that they should use long pauses and rambling non-answers to use up the questioning member’s time, because they really aren’t looking for facts.
I have always felt that these hearings are nothing more than grandstanding witch hunts for Congress. So I have prepared my closing remarks for when I am dragged down in front of a committee, which I would like to share with all of you.

After I finish the boring part that will never make it to TV or the papers, I would conclude as follows.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I know that now is the time for you to ask me questions, questions designed to get your face onto the evening news, and not to elicit any real information. This news bite usually does not bother to put forth my answer. So I will tell you this, if you ask such a question, I guarantee that you will get an answer that will get as much if not more airplay. I have already been convicted in the court of public opinion by your dragging me down here. However, the people of this country may not know exactly who you are at this point. I will be happy to give your question the treatment it deserves, so that everyone who hears it, and the truthful answer, can know what a blowhard or self aggrandizing pompous windbag you are.

So ask wisely. I will now open the floor to your questions. “


Just once, I would like to see someone take on these geniuses with such a response.

3 comments:

FBB said...

HA!!!

soupeater said...

congress's main function, even more important than legislation, is its role in informing the public of things which affect them and affect future legislation or the need for it.

Therefore, they should put the spotlight on these self-righteous malefactors. that is their job.

Doobie said...

I think the only thing they want to inform their public about is how much they want to win their next election and how much the public must appreciate them. I agree with the Dr. these congressional "hearings" are more like "talkings" congressmen have no intrest in hearing what anyone has to say if it will disagree with preconceived notion that cause congress to call a hearing in the first place.