Monday, October 18, 2010

Father Knows Best

On the first night of the past holiday, the power went out right as the holiday began. This led to me refusing to open the fridge, since I was not sure how long the power would be out, and as it was the beginning of the holiday, all the food was in there and I did not want to have everything potentially spoiled.

This then led to Soupeater engaging in somewhat constant discussions with my crew ( Bug, Stretch, Ace and Boo) as to the merits of refrigeration and what he sees as the knee jerk reaction to refrigerate everything immediately. (I won’t give my opinion as to WHY he feels this way so strongly, that if for him to share.) I sort of agreed with the kids that there are merits to not having food spoil, and that spoiled food is not necessarily the best thing for you, but pretty much stayed out of it.

Well, I have to say that I was wrong.

I made a coffee in my office last night before I went home. I make it in a travel mug, so it stays warm the whole way home. However, I forgot it in the car last night. Now I do this regularly in the winter, and have ice coffee ( with a layer of ice on top) in the mornings, but I don’t usually try this any other time of the year. So I went out this morning to get my mug and clean it out. However, when I opened the mug, expecting to see curdled coffee that smelled of cottage cheese, I was surprised to see, smell and then taste a perfectly good coffee.

I am drinking it as I write this. Hopefully I won’t be out of commission for a few weeks later on….

No comments: