Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Is it Me???

Today in Court I was reminded of a blog I intended to write last year, but never got around to it.

I was coming out of the mens room when a woman started to walk in, There is a bit of a vestibule after the door before the actual facilities, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I gently informed her that she was entering the mens room. She still hesitated ( based on her look and accent, I would have to say she wasn't  born in this country), started to come in, then thought a little better of the situation, went out to check the picture on the door, ( it might be different in her country of origin, but I don't see how, and then asked me where the women's room was. I pointed it out to her, on the other side of the hall, but did not feel compelled to walk her in to it.

So this brought back memories of last year. Before Bug switched to his current dorm room, we took a tour of the general facilities of the dorm. They included an extensive shower/bathroom setup. As we were walking through the bathroom section, there was a woman in there with a security uniform on.

Just walking through.

A mens dormitory's bathroom.

I thought it a bit odd, ( what was she looking for? females? look in a mirror, honey.) so I mentioned to the main guard upstairs that perhaps they should not assign the mens locker/shower/bathroom to a female guard. I hope the suggestion was well taken, and taken as well.

Then a few days later I was at a wedding at a very nice hall on Long Island. I was using the facilities that are attached to the wall, and on the same basic wall as the sinks. Next thing I know, the door opens, and in comes a woman. I double checked that the unit I was using is generally only found in a mens rooms (so I was sure i was in the right place, whats good for the goose, etc.) it was indeed a mens room. I thought at first perhaps she made a mistake, but no, she started to clean the bathroom

with men in it

actually using the facilities.


I began to think it was me, but then just chalked it up to weird coincidences.

Until today .....

1 comment:

G6 said...

People who service bathrooms/locker rooms and the like are professionals - like DOCTORS.
;)