Monday, March 2, 2009

Live and Learn

I went to a Dinner this past weekend for my daughter's school. They do a nice job, and they have set up in a a side room some work product from the kids. What they had there was part of an exhibit that I had been to earlier this month and had wanted to comment on, so now that I have been reminded, here goes.

I went to a People in History exhibit that was put on by my daughter's school. The theme was profiles of people throughout history, from Presidents to inventors, dictators, people who have made a difference in history, and even religious leaders. I was truly amazed by most of the exhibits, and actually learned a thing or two. For instance, did you know that windshield wipers as we know them were invented by a woman? I didn't. I was also quite impressed that the range of people that were covered, not all of them heroes, and all the work done by the elementary school girls.

Kudo's to you, daughter's school, I guess the tuition is going to good use.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

by far the best elementary school in town.

Dr. Boo Boo Gone said...

Why doesn't your daughter get a cool nick name like Bug?

Anonymous said...

was the woman who invented the wipers an ilegal alien who no spoke english and managed to subsist on stale tune sandwiches with sliced tomatoes?

Wouldn't surprise me is all, who else would invent it?

( did you know that the A/C was the concept of three Jewish guys who got the "last laugh" at Henry Ford a well documented anti semite by having every car bear the names of these jewsih inventors, Hy Schwartz, Norm Rosenergold and Max Versthrudle (his family changed the name to Vershtrud to make it less foreign and Jewish)