Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Audience Participation

A while back, our friends at Iceberg Carwash posted several pieces on the comments they received or didn't receive. A metric called CPP (comments per post) was established, and although the ultimate numbers were never revealed, it became obvious that the metric was important in judging the success of the blog.

Alas, here at Dr. G we notice that although we generate a lot of commentary on our irrelevance or stupidity, our posts on political or social matters or just plain artsy posts don't generate much interest at all. We have tried poetry, social comment, rants, music reviews, political commentary all without igniting the spark that will burgeon into the raging fire of debate.

So the question is, what can stir you out of your torpor?

Let us know.

4 comments:

FBB said...

controversy!

greedy said...

money!

G6 said...

I like personal, humorous vignettes with that added 'kick' of the, "Wow! That could be me...." factor....

Dipsy said...

I seem to agree with many of your political posts. And since I am not as good a writer as you (i think the grammar is off there) I do not have much to add. but maybe I should start(and end) by letting you know I agree.
But from my childrens' experience with blogging that is hard to come by.