Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Writers Block or Complacency?

I just noticed that the Good Doctor is "up to" 98 posts for the year. This number might look good on its own ( wow! almost 100!) however, I think it must be put in context.


In 2008, when the blog was in creation for a total of 62 days, there were 59 posts. Almost one a day. Since that time, to date, there have been 349 days, an average of 3.56 days per post, (or .28 posts per day, for all you statisticians over at the 'berg). I find this sad, that we have let our fans down by not publishing enough of the wit and wisdom that this site has become known for.


So, what is the reason for this? Are we busier ( yes), has the first blush of the joys of publishing worn off (not really), did we have LOTS of stuff stored up that HAD to come out immediately ( probably), have our lives become such that there is nothing to share with you anymore ( HECK, no)?


Who knows, its just something to ponder as we approach the end of this calendar year, a resolution to be more prolific in the next year. I think I will dabble a bit more in politics and current events, something I have been avoiding for much of this year. One thing's for sure, context is important ( WOW, ALMOST 100!!!) and it is abused waaay to many times by the media.


But now I have ALL OF THAT STUFF stored up and ready to rip.


So get ready.

2 comments:

guess who said...

do i detect some correlation here? I wonder more calls = more posts? looking forward to more posts...

soupeater said...

Funny you should blog about this since I had the same thoughts this morning before I saw your post.

I was going to post my own, the gist of which was going to be that to be a really effective blogger, like a columnist, you need to spend time on your piece, not just hit and run. Eight hours a day.

And I don't have the time.