Sunday, August 7, 2011

Costco Revisited

Much as last year, I again find myself with a refrigerator full of fruits and vegetables which I know is going to waste

4 lbs of grapes
4 lbs of cherries
2 lbs of blueberries
Strawberries (cant find the container so don't know how much)
2 huge cantaloupes (1 already gifted; they come in threes)
Peppers
12 medium to large plum tomatoes

I am adamant that 2 people, no matter how dedicated can't finish all this before it either rots or we do.

So today for lunch here was the main (and only) dish

Unfortunately, about 90% of the inventory is still above ground.

3 comments:

FBB said...

I bet the mushrooms were from there too!

Leave them out when people come, it'll get eaten. Freeze the grapes and blueberries in ziplock bags- they make a yummy frozen treat!

(your plate looks yummy, by the way)

Fred said...

I ate about 1.5 lb of grapes today. Is there a new theory about Costco Stomachs? Are they bigger than regular small store ones?

big sis said...

i'll take the cherries.
and i made smoothies, you can too. blend the fruit with milk, juice, yogurt. great antioxidants, calcium, and refreshing drink.