Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy Waffle Day

Wednesday I was out of the office, but I received an e-mail from someone who must read the blogs, or has seen my phone, and is aware of my feelings about waffles. ( Odd, that someone might know that.)

The e-mail told me that Wednesday was National Waffle Day, and I was floating along the Delaware without an outlet in sight for me to plug in my waffle maker and properly celebrate the day. However, all was not lost on the waffle front this past week.

On Saturday night I went out with my siblings because I missed the previous Thursday night get together.

We went to a dairy place. As I was perusing the menu, I noted out loud, " look, they have Belgian Waffles!" later in the evening, they brought a waffle to one of the tables near us, and I again exclaimed , in keeping with my image of being totally obsessed about the delectable versatile edible syrup holder, "oh look, a Belgian Waffle!"

My loving family, taking advantage of the wonders of texting technology, along with my complete cluelessness about everything around me, secretly went an ordered one for me and Lovey to commemorate a special day for us. I was touched and thrilled. It was absolutely delicious and enjoyed by all. Here is what it looked like.


Amazing, isn't it? And it tasted as good as it looked. The best part of it, though, was a comment from one of my siblings, I don't remember which one, who said

Don't forget to save a piece for Boo so she can give HER opinion on it.

1 comment:

dipsy said...

Since there was none left to take home as a sample
I will say it was delicious(as waffles with whipped cream,syrup,fudge sauce and ice cream often are!)
It was fun though.